Plastic extruder is one of the types of plastic machinery. With the needs of industrial production, the use of extruders is becoming more and more frequent. In the daily operation of extruders, a large amount of exhaust gas is generated, which poses a certain threat to the health of employees in the factory workshop and also pollutes the external environment. Therefore, it is necessary to equip a device for recycling extruder exhaust gas to solve the above problems.
Plastic extruder application industry:
- Extrusion of plastic pipes: PP-R pipes, PE gas pipes, PEX cross-linked pipes, aluminum-plastic composite pipes, ABS pipes, PVC pipes, HDPE silicon core pipes, and various co extruded composite pipes.
- Extrusion of plastic sheets and sheets: extrusion of profiles and sheets such as PVC, PET, PS, PP, PC, etc. The extrusion of various other plastics, such as silk, rods, etc.
- Extrusion of plastic profiles: Various plastic profiles such as PVC and polyolefins.
- Modified granulation: suitable for blending, modifying, and enhancing granulation of various plastics.
The source of exhaust gas from plastic extruders
The function of an extruder is to plasticize and melt solid materials into a uniform temperature melt and continuously extrude them. According to the state of the material in the extruder and the different roles played by various parts of the extruder, the extruder barrel can be divided into three functional sections along the screw axis: solid conveying, plasticizing and melting, and melt conveying.
As is well known, during the heating and melting process of plastics, pollutants such as exhaust gas and smoke are generated. Based on the composition of plastics such as PVC, PE, PP, and industry experience, these exhaust gases mainly include non methane total hydrocarbons, benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, styrene, o-xylene, m-xylene, n-decane, acetone, butanone, isopropanol, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, etc. The composition of exhaust gases generated by different plastic product industries varies depending on the processing technology and raw materials used.
- Waste plastics can produce toxic waste smoke during the heating and melting process of the extruder. Inhalation by humans can cause harm to the nervous system, digestive system, and hematopoietic system, causing mild damage to the blood and liver, stimulating and anesthetizing nerves. Long term high concentration inhalation can cause death.
- In the process of plastic modification extrusion, it is necessary to add some modified additives to the plastic extruder, and then melt and combine them. During the melting process, organic waste gas, low molecular weight, and oil pollutants are generated in the plastic, and these products must be purified to prevent subsequent processing.
Plastic extruder exhaust gas treatment equipment is an important means of protecting the environment and preventing pollution. The selection of waste gas treatment equipment for plastic extruders needs to be based on the actual situation of the enterprise. Common judgment factors include industry type, waste gas generation, treatment effect, etc. By selecting and using exhaust gas treatment equipment correctly, the environment can be protected, laying a solid environmental foundation for the sustainable development of enterprises.